Priority is a new herbicide from Adama to control a wide range of broadleaf weeds in cereals, established ryegrass pastures and fallow. Priority is an ideal glyphosate tank-mix partner to keep paddocks free of weeds in chemfallow and post-harvest applications. It’s a Group 2 (Group B), and you’ll already be partially familiar with it – its active of 200g/L of florasulam you’ll have probably seen before as it’s one of the actives in Paradigm.
Priority comes with a whopping 54 broadleaf weeds on the label when applied with a registered tank-mix partner. Plus, it can be applied as a post-emergent treatment from GS13 – 37 stage (three-leaf through to flag leaf tip visible).
Below are some reasons why we think it’s a great option:
- Priority will do a good job of helping control volunteer pulses.
- A great option for Bedstraw
- Strong on Brassica weeds
- Relatively short plant-back intervals
- A great option on export oats where you cannot use Lontrel (clopyralid) – Priority can be applied safely in oats and in a range of tank mixtures, depending on the weed spectrum.
- Reduced risk of residue carryover – Priority has a relatively short half-life in soil and does not bind strongly to plant material, making it a more flexible option for crop rotations.
- Broad spectrum – Priority controls 54 broadleaf weeds when applied with a registered tank-mix partner.
- Flexible timing – Priority can be applied as a post-emergent treatment to winter cereals between the three and flag leaf (GS13-37) stages, as well as in fallow and established ryegrass pasture.
- Excellent compatibility – Priority can be mixed with a wide range of post-emergent and fallow herbicides.
- Concentrated formulation – Priority is a concentrated liquid formulation with low application rates and less packaging..
Active: 200g/L of florasulam
Application: Apply Priority at 15–25 mL/ha in combination with a registered tank-mix partner in 80-100 L water/ha. Always follow the label and use it in conjunction with correct adjuvants.
Compatibility: Priority is compatible with a range of herbicides, fungicides and insecticides for one-pass control. Refer to the compatibility guide located here for a full list of compatible products.
Withholding periods: Harvest withholding period: Not required when used as directed (7 days for tank mixtures with Cutlass).
Grazing withholding period: 7 days unless Priority is applied with Bronco MA-X (Bromoxynil and MCPA) or Triathlon, where the grazing withholding period is 8 weeks.
For more information, check it out here:
Remember to always follow the label or ring your agronomist if you have any questions.