Adding adjuvants to a tank mix can significantly increase the performance of glyphosate and other herbicides. Traditionally the addition of LI700 (0.25%) and Ammonium Sulphate (800g/100L) has set the standard for giving the best performance increase, compared to a simple Hasten (0.5 – 1%) or HotUp (0.5%). However, HotUp has long given growers an ‘ease of use’ option, eliminating the need to mix an oil/wetter with Ammonium Sulphate.
VicChem has now upped the ante with their Outright 770 Spray Adjuvant. Outright is a one drum solution that combines the best attributes and advantages of wetter’s, oils and Ammonium Sulphate. Used at 0.5%, Outright can significantly increase the performance of herbicides such as glyphosate, ester 680, triclopyr (Garlon), oxyfluorfen (Striker).
Outright 770 is a mix of Methyl Oleate, Non-ionic surfactants, and Ammonium Sulphates. The Methyl Oleate is a penetrating oil that can help active ingredients penetrate the weeds’ waxy cuticle. It will also reduce surface evaporation, thereby increasing the time for foliar uptake.
The Non-ionic surfactants (Li700) will help the spray droplets to adhere to the target and then spread across the target to maximize uptake.
Lastly, Ammonium Sulphate (SOA) can help minimize the detrimental effects that hard water can have on certain herbicides, and increase uptake and reduce incompatibility between certain herbicides.
The benefits for you are:
- Increases penetration of herbicides through waxy weed cuticles
- Delays the dry down rate of spray droplets on weeds
- Assists in the retention of spray droplets on weed surfaces
- Increases the wetting and spreading of spray droplets on weeds
- Reduces hard water deactivation of susceptible herbicides e.g. glyphosate
- High-quality formulation providing easy dispersion and stable emulsion characteristics in tank mixes
- Saves you time mixing your own
- Developed in Australia for Australian conditions. Patented formulation.
Also, you won’t have to worry about compatibility issues, as Outright is compatible with most knockdown herbicides including:
- Glyphosate products
- 2,4-D products
- Triclopyr products (Garlon)
- Paraquat and Diquat products
- Clopyralid products (Lontrel/Archer)
- Oxyflurorfen products (Goal/Striker)
- Carfentazone products (Hammer/Nail)
Below are some results from some trials that have been run by VicChem:
Location – Nungarin, WA
Trial Date – March 2013
Trial 1. Weed Control using Glyphosate & Garlon
Control of Prickly Paddy Melon when LI-700 + AMS or Outright mixed with 570 glyphosate @ 100mL/ha and Garlon FallowMaster @110mL/ha.
Trial 2. Hard Water
We have stock at both stores, so if you’re interested in giving it a go, just let us know.
Source: VicChem – Outright Product Info Sheet